Preparing for a Sunless Application
- Exfoliate skin at least 3 to 6 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands. We recommend exfoliating with Norvell® Moisturizing Body Scrub.
- Shave at least 8 hours before your sunless tanning session.
- Any waxing should be done 1-2 days before your sunless tanning session.
- If skin is dry apply a light water based lotion lightly and evenly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan. We recommend moisturizing with Body Drench® Daily Moisturizer.
- Do not apply oils at any time prior to or after your sunless tan.
- Remove make-up prior to your sunless tanning application for best results.
- Bring looser fitting darker colored clothing to your airbrush appointment.
- Do not wear deodorant.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your sunless application and for at least 8 hours as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining.
Caring for a Sunless Application
- Wait at least 6-8 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin. If you need to shower sooner ask your airbrush technician about our 1 and 2 hour formulas.
- If you intend to wait to the following morning before taking your first shower make sure and wear looser fitting darker colored clothing to bed to protect sheets and help prevent accidental transfer of solution from torso to palms of hands during the sleep cycle.
- Don’t worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer, leaving you with a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking. When showering we recommend a high quality body wash such as Norvell® Hydrating Body Wash.
- Do not exercise or perform other activities which will cause you to sweat until after your first shower.
- Moisturize 2-3 times daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturizer. Do not use oil based moisturizers, they can cause blotchiness.
- To help extend your tan we recommend Norvell® Prolong Tan Extender.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly with Norvell® Moisturizing Body Scrub to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear only water based sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning. We recommend California Tan® Water-Resistant Sunblock
*Individual results may vary. See our Disclaimer information.
TWO LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU
1625 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd,
1877 E. Daily Dr,
Suite A Camarillo,